Running a business is difficult enough, but it gets even more involved when you start hiring employees, running payroll, and handling internal requests like vacation and sick time.
The good news is that there is an easy way to satisfy these and other internal matters without cutting into your busy schedule. In this article, we’ll show you 3 reasons to outsource your HR and payroll services to a professional, third-party company.
1. There Will Be Fewer HR Or Payroll Mistakes
Studies over the years have shown that increased employee satisfaction leads to more productive staff. In fact, one study showed that happy employees are up to 20% more productive than unhappy employees. This can be directly impacted by HR and payroll. By outsourcing HR and payroll services to the professionals, you can trust they will deliver the highest quality of service. They have the training, the tools, and the software to ensure as few errors as possible, resulting in better production and happier employees.
Keeping within the theme of employee satisfaction, the bare minimum an employee can ask is payroll being done correctly and on time. Employees depend on receiving their paychecks. Third-party payroll companies will use professional tools to guarantee that everyone’s wages arrive on the set date and time.
2. Your Employee Records Are Recorded And Available at Any Time
For legal and tax purposes, you need to keep records of all your employees, how much you’re paying them, and what dates they take a vacation or sick leave. Merritt Business Solutions can offer resources to assist with your record-keeping needs through an online portal, so you have access to your records when you need them. Other features include:
- Customizable reporting.
- Employee data management.
- Paid time off management.
- Employee self-service portal for viewing paystubs and updating personal information.
3. You Get Access to a Professional Set of HR Tools, Resources, and Support
When you outsource your human resource needs to a professional HR provider, you’ll receive tools and resources required to manage your employees adequately. These tools will assist you with day-to-day human resource management and safeguard your business.
Some resources that you can expect to gain access to by outsourcing your HR needs to Merritt Business Solutions include:
- HR HelpDesk: Receive phone and e-mail access to a dedicated support team of HR professionals to help you navigate any HR issues.
- Basic HR Toolkits: The toolkits can help you accurately complete everyday HR tasks such as hiring and termination with step-by-step best-practice guidelines, necessary forms and documents, and related policies.
- State and Federal Compliance Database: Get easy-to-read information and updates about ever-changing state and federal employment laws.
- HR Compliance Updates: Receive proactive email alerts when laws change that may affect your company’s policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Audit & Compliance Wizard: Use an intuitive wizard to assess your company’s HR practices in seven key HR areas and resources to assist with any compliance weaknesses.
- Quick HR Answers: Search a comprehensive database of commonly asked HR questions and get on-demand best-practice answers.
- Access to EPLI coverage: Employment Practices Liability Insurance provides coverage to employers against claims made by employees alleging Discrimination, Wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and retaliation.
You can learn more about gaining access to all of the tools above and outsourcing your HR needs to MBS here.
Merritt Business Solutions Will Handle All Your HR And Payroll Needs
Now that you recognize the benefits of hiring a third party to handle your business’s HR and payroll visit our services page to learn how you can get started with Merritt Business Solutions!